Sessions / Meeting / Networking

PanSIG Meeting #1921

Mon, Jul 4, 20:00-22:00 Asia/Tokyo | LOCATION: E21 HYBRID

Final committee meeting to prepare for PanSIG2022

Online hybrid session workshop #3257

Wed, Jul 6, 17:00-20:00 Asia/Tokyo | LOCATION: F32 HYBRID

A workshop for hosts and presenters at online and hybrid sessions at PanSIG2022

Online lounge #3293

Fri, Jul 8, 16:15-16:45 Asia/Tokyo | LOCATION: F32 HYBRID

Meet online participants and some of the conference team.

Online Lounge #3289

Sat, Jul 9, 08:30-Sat, Jul 9, 08:20 Asia/Tokyo | LOCATION: Auditorium HYBRID

Meet online participants and prepare for the day.

SIG Coordinators Meeting #3160

Sat, Jul 9, 12:55-13:55 Asia/Tokyo | LOCATION: F23 HYBRID

This is a meeting for SIG coordinators and representatives. Here we will talk about the status of your SIG and the SRL will give information from the Board of Directors. We will meet f2f and the SRL will stream the meeting via Zoom for the coordinators who cannot make it. All current or future SIG coordinators are welcome as well as SIG designated representatives.

Online Lounge #3291

Sun, Jul 10, 08:30-09:00 Asia/Tokyo | LOCATION: Auditorium HYBRID

Meet online participants and prepare for the day.

Educators in Training Forum #2649

Sun, Jul 10, 10:00-11:00 Asia/Tokyo | LOCATION: ONLINE

The Graduate Student Subcommittee (GSS) is for JALT members who currently study or are thinking about studying at university, with a focus on those undertaking graduate-level studies. In this presentation, we will discuss the subcommittee’s activities since its creation at the Executive Board Meeting in June, 2021. These activities include interviewing leaders within the JALT community, and presenting during the JALT international conference 2021. We are a new, small subcommittee, so we are looking for like-minded students to join us in creating a space for students within JALT. While many of our interests and concerns overlap with the wider JALT community, we aim to create a space for students to come together to share ideas and help support each other through the last words of our dissertations or thesis defenses. We welcome anyone to join us to share ideas about how this subcommittee can help the students within JALT, but we especially welcome current graduate students to join us to share their ideas and concerns and network with other students.

JALT Officer Support Meeting #2856

Sun, Jul 10, 15:05-16:05 Asia/Tokyo | LOCATION: F22 HYBRID: DO NOT RECORD

JALT's Officer Support Committee (OSC) was created to help orient new officers and support current officers in JALT’s SIGs, chapters, and committees. This session will be partially an introduction to the resources available to JALT officers, and partially a Q&A / troubleshooting session. If you're a JALT officer (or curious about becoming one), you are welcome to this meeting.